Growing up in the woods of Wisconsin my most beloved hobbies included pretending to be a healer mixing potions in the garden, reading all my mom’s health and spirituality books, and doing handstands on repeat. I guess the seed was planted early. My “back to the lander” parents were early adopters of the wellness trends of today and taught me the connection between everyday lifestyle choices and health and vitality. My grandmother was an intuitive healer who introduced me to the power of energetic and intuitive approaches. Whenever I suffered from a cold or stomach ache she’d insist on giving me a Reiki treatment. I was endlessly fascinated by her healing hands, her mystical friends and ability to support her clients with her intuition.
In college, I fell hard for science and Western medicine and decided to pursue a career in clinical medicine. This led me to work at the Mayo Clinic where I researched stress and mindfulness-based approaches and eventually to work for an innovative primary care start-up as a health coach. Through my experience in clinical settings, I discovered that while Western medicine is invaluable for acute and interventional care, it was limited in its ability to help patients create greater health and overall well-being.
This led me to pursue alternative education where I continue to learn everything I can about wellness and personal optimization. I’m so grateful I get to share the best of what I’ve learned along the way!
- Certified Holistic Health Coach with over five years of clinical practice. I received training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and gained clinical experience working with patients at Collective Primary Care and Sherpaa Health in New York City and Wellness Minneapolis in Minneapolis, MN.
- Certified Yoga Teacher. Amanda Harding and Lesley Desaulniers led my Prema Yoga 200-Hour Teacher Training. I also completed the Ma Yoga Prenatal Teacher Training and Restorative Training Level 1 with Essential Oils and Yoga Nidra led by Gina Menza and Mona Anand and The Modern Yogi: Teacher Development Course with Brea Johnson - focused on combining traditional yoga with the latest biomechanics and exercise science principles.
- Herbal Training- completed an herbal apprenticeship at Heartstone Herbal School in Ithaca, NY.
- Holistic Pelvic Care™ and Holistic Pelvic Energy™ Training with Tami Lynn Kent
- Reiki Level 1 and 2 with Lisa Levine at Maha Rose.
- I have studied with Betty Dodson, the renowned feminist and sex educator.
- I participated in the six month training program Attention and Interpretation with Dr. Amit Sood, Mayo Clinic physician and stress management researcher.
- I'm currently completing a 2-year certification program with biomechanicist and movement specialist Katy Bowman to teach Nutritious Movement™.